Winds.
Winds.
I always joke around that I was born in the wrong time period. From the outside, different eras look so picturesque; I can alone imagine what future generations will say about this time period. Perhaps someone in the future will think the same I do about being born in the wrong time. Yet, even though I may say this...deep down I'm actually happy I was born in the time I was. Clearly, I was meant to do something grander in this era I haven't figure it out yet but it's a working progress. The winds of change come fairly rapidly nowadays, each and every day something new is discovered. Everyday, something tragic occurs, everyday something spectacular flourishes. New information is unfolded, confessions are told, people are born, people live, and people die each and every day. This has been happening since the beginning of time. Yet, there is always this coalition of progression and a silent heartbeat that allows this to continue.
By heartbeat what I mean is a steady rhythm that allows balance and chaos to co-exist. Like the Chinese proverb/curse states "may you live in interesting times," and certainly these are interesting times. People are now becoming accepting, yet still hypocritical, open yet still close minded, peaceful but with streaks of volatile behavior. It's maddening to be frank...hence it's said it's a curse to live in times like these; but through-out history this has been the trend. The formula has never really changed, people haven't changed that much either. The evolution of so called "civilization" has only been getting better at concealing, suppressing, avoiding and countless other methods to have some sort of stability in the world.
It's becoming quite suffocating to be walking on eggshells, I've lost track on how many times I encounter a new story about a civil unrest, police altercations, massive lost of lives, someone saying the wrong thing at the wrong time or reckless/ inappropriate behavior. It's tiresome to keep up with all these vile acts, yet it's inspiration for me. I know how twisted that sounds but it allows me to self-reflect. If I want these acts to seize change has to come inwardly, my participation is crucial along with those of my fellow generation and perhaps those generations ahead and behind me.
Let's face it, we are all in this together whether we like it or not. Take out the status we have in this world, our prized possessions, our looks, our goals, our fears, our thoughts and dreams, strip away the exterior facade and what we have is a skeleton before us. Each and everyone os us are simply that..a skeleton who's bones will eventually turn into nothing more but dust. There is no need to spread evil, say evil, or even allow evil to spread. Yes, it's not easy to love those who hurt us but it's much easier than carrying the idea of vengeance around. The only reason we all are different is because we allow that idea to cloud our ideals. We all are unique, we have different visions but at the end of the day it's our execution. I'm not saying the world will be better of if it was all rainbows and sparkles, but it would be better off if we start to think about the legacy we are leaving behind. To think about the hurt we are inflicting to our souls, the damage we are placing on this wondrous life we have been granted.
Winds travel near and far, they carry what is placed in them. Our winds are interconnected no matter how far we might be from one another.
Comments
Post a Comment