Liberty

Liberty.


Yesterday, I took a trip down to the ocean. I ventured with my friend down to a pier where we stood on the edge and look onto the horizon. As I stare out into the vast that is the Pacific Ocean, I had this thought...if I was to jump off this pier and was able to swim off where would I go? The liberty of simply allowing a desire guide me was quite a temptation. Clearly it didn't happen because realistically I'm only human (unfortunately) and my limbs can only go oh so far. I went on a jog the other day, and as the air was being pumped out of my lungs this feeling of serenity and liberty came floating into my being. Here I am jogging about, enjoying my freedom whereas someone out in this massive world is wishing they could do this task. It just dawns upon me that we have small liberties that we take for granted.

Back to my trip to the pier, like I stated in one of my previous blogs. I love the fact I live in California, I'm blessed to have the ocean so close to me. It brings me this sense of connection to my aura and provided liberty to my mad mind. With this topic of liberty its a broad subject to talk about, we can talk extend it to any time or place; but for right now I'm using it to describe my persona. I came across this website where people discussed the pro's and con's of going into high education. The top con for going off to university was the price of it..not to mention the being stripped of liberty as student loans would be the chains holding graduates upon graduation. The debate was back and forth, and here I am in university taking loans and thinking about the massive debt I'm starting to accumulate. Is my liberty being jeopardize because of this investment? Now, many of you might rebuttal and debunk this question of mine; but it's not that question I'm asking rather...did I ever really have liberty. In a sense we as human never really define liberty.

I'm never any good at defining words nor question but I'm fairly good at untangling knots that pop up. This question happened to be one of this darn knots that I cant help but continue to make difficult. Like I previously have stated, have we ever really defined the true definition of liberty. I know many people have their own definitions which are great. While others use the definitions given to them, I am neither. I continue to ask if I truly understand and grasp the definition, to me it's never truly been clear as to what it is as been playing by ear. Liberty is never something that I think I have experience, here is why. I've always played by the rules, done what has been asked, and follow the examples that have been set forth. You might say I have been in a limbo, not that this is a bad thing. I haven't done anything heinous nor have I hurt myself or others. Yet, I can truly say I KNOW WHAT LIBERTY IS. (Excuse the capital letters.)

Honestly, people with more experience and higher wisdom than I can confront me at this moment and tell me that I am wrong..that I have indeed experience liberty. They might be right, but personally speaking I would respectfully tell them they are wrong. Liberty comes when the person is open to it, not to mention must be able to accept it. You can't missed something that you never had.

Comments

Popular Posts