Destiny.
Destiny, that word has never gone easy with me. The pretense it reflects haunts me, making my existence is already predetermine. Which in some truth it is, yet why must the world destiny be so hard for me to stomach? We are all victims to the constant pressures and expectations held to us; sometimes it's those voices that cloud our own vision to what we want our lives to be. I've always held my goals and dream in the most highest of views, like many of my peers I didn't come from a privilege family nor did I always have access to the greatest of tools. It was already foreseen that my DESTINY was to be carved out of my own hard work and determination to succeed. Luckily,I had the drive to overcome the challenges that were set forward. Though the buck doesn't stop there, DESTINY doesn't just runs it's course.
For as long as I can remember the mere thought of going through life without a plan was unbearable. Structure was my only companion in this windy road called destiny, ye there I find myself pondering why this word is still so hard for me to confront. Could it be the angst of my maturity, the mere word itself, or the fact that is my destiny doesn't come to full fruition I may have no structure? No that isn't it, the reasoning behind my beef with this word is the concept.
Destiny, like I stated is over saturation with expectations and desires of those whom might not even be oneself. Think about it, how many times have we heard people say " It's your destiny.." or "Destiny has it.." destiny this destiny that it's all rubbish to me. What I don't understand about this word is it's hold on me on society today. For too long the whole structure of society has been work hard and live well. That is our destiny according to the wall street journal, our teachers, even the leaders of the world. I for one don't argue that hard work should be compensated, after all who doesn't have a cheat day after being good on their diet. Yet, you wouldn't use high in fat, heart-stopper, artery clogger to describe one's favorite guilty pleasure. So why are we using words like Destiny, to describe one's life mission. At the end of the day it's not what you call it, but what you did and how you got it not to mention how you plan to enjoy it. Destiny or not, my life is mine and if it's already in the card how it should end or begin so be it. Just don't call it destiny...call it MINE.
Talk to me sometime about the difference between preordination and predestination. A small, but significant, difference.
ReplyDelete