Sunset.
Sunset.
When I see you again, I know that you won't be the same. I know not to have expectations, to be only greeted as a bystander; I always thought it was sad how fleeting you are, how you come and go like a passing ship.In a blink of an eye everything changes about you, one moment your awe-inspiring, the next you strike fear in us mortals. We always think we can predict, capture, even mimic your abilities. We are self-consumed, wanting to make profits off your natural ability of evolving. How lost are we now? How blind, how deaf must we be to understand nothing is like what it seems. To be surrounded by so much artificial beauty that we will not, can not, stand anything that we can't bottle and procure. Science has told, warned us even that we here for a lifetime; while you will go on for all eternity. Does that make you lonely, or is that just us projecting our fears on to you. Is there reason, what is reason to you? Is it the understanding of knowledge, the comprehension that nothing really matters, or it just the simple fact that not everything needs logic. To be or not to be, questions which might keeps us awake at night, seemingly slide off you. You have seen and been everywhere, why do you make us feel inferior? Is it because in this world of social media, and advancing technology; the simplest of things now are the most complex? I've never been one to over think your power, in fact- you are the only thing that makes me understand what your purpose is, translating as my own. You are the light, and I am....what I must be, what we all must be.
Comments
Post a Comment