Paradox.
Paradox.
I like to believe that i'm an anomaly, I never knew why but it's a wondrous thought. The more I think of myself the more I start to get a little anxious; see when I was younger I was told that people who continuously thought of themselves were considered vain moreover selfish and bad people. Hence, I try my very best to think outside of my own persona and focus my attention to the outside world. Yet, I find myself running on a treadmill with my attention fixed on the news and all I see is a cycle of reruns. Violence, gossip, horrendous catastrophes the list is endless; It kept nagging me even after I turn my attention away that the news I was receiving was nothing but bad news. Strangely the cycle of bad news motivated me to run faster and push myself even harder than I have been doing. It's when I saw the first fluff ball part of the news did I realize that good news is the reward after a tough run. Now I know what this sounds like, working hard has it's rewards but that's not the point of this blog.
See, when I write these blogs they are out on a whim. Thoughts that circulate in my mind come out as words and these words come out as these blogs you are reading. Back to the point of this blog, news we can't escape it even if we were to shut our eyes and block our hearing news travels. Here we are in 2015 a year away from a presidential campaign and all I can think of is...what new lies are the candidates going to reinvent? Yes, harsh I know but after taking a few political science classes I have gotten wiser on my politics. I flick the next channel and I see the death toll rise in Nepal after being struck by two 7.0 earthquakes, and all I can see is people struggling to rebuild their livelihood whilst I'm here contemplating the struggle of choosing a candidate for the presidency. What a paradox that is..think about it, how often do we moan and groan about the toughness of our lives when out there somewhere some one is fighting tooth and nail just to survive. The news only covers so much, and they primarily focus on the tops stories: Whose running for what, what state had a major fight between authorities, who is cheating on who, which celebrity is transitioning to what. Honestly it's becoming quite predicable to watch the news.
Now earlier I mention a paradox, true be told this isn't the first time we have been caught in one surely we never left the paradox. It's just frustrating to see some minds going to waste on idiotic topics. The paradox is, as a society we want to have a peaceful world, and to make the place where we live a better one; but we are so focus on the bad and the wrong we forget it's actually possible to have this utopia we desire. I'm not saying it's going to be a perfect life, surely there is no such thing; but we can come close to it. I don't know if your religious or not but when I was younger a priest of mine once gave a small metaphor that has become my philosophy through my life. The metaphor was, you life is a river when you keep it's waters clean and clear respecting it each and every day. One day your river will thank you with small gifts that will come in different shapes. Though if you abuse your river, disrespect it and not take care of it. One day maybe not in the near future, you river will wash up something vile that you will have to take because that is your river you depend on. In other words, the metaphor stood for karma I never really understood why my priest gave me that long explanation for something so simple; but now living in this time I understand the paradox.
Back to my anomaly being, I think of myself as anomaly because I don't like being conventional nor repetitive but my writing says otherwise. The whole point of this blog was to point out the paradox that is the news and the stories we share. They are becoming tiresome to live not to mention hear, I figure instead of listening to the news it's about time people make the news and not by donating millions of dollars to an election or by committing some heinous crime; but making the news in their household such as being kind to a stranger. Respecting the river that flows around you, small deeds like this might not make the paradox go away but it does make it smaller. In closing, we have enough conundrums out in the world why not make life easier and capsize the paradox.
Comments
Post a Comment