Beating Heart.

Beating Heart

Every where I go I like to make a connection, whether it's going to a new city or simply taking a different route on my morning jog. You see, I feel that everywhere you go there is a beating heart. Granted with the human population being over seven billion, heart beats are everywhere; but what I mean is the actual feeling one receives when walking or being somewhere new. Even though I'm limited when it comes to travel, my backyard isn't too shabby. I live in one of the greatest cities Los Angeles in one of the greatest states heck we are called the GOLDEN state for a reason...California. People flock here to come and see what this city and state have to offer and trust me we have plenty. From our picture perfect weather to the stars both in Hollywood and in the Observatory. I may be bias because I was born here but Los Angeles has one of the biggest beating hearts.


I love my city, there is something for everyone; from the hipster Art District to the limelight seeking Hollywood. I feel that no matter where I am in Los Angeles I can feel the city's heart beat. California isn't too shabby either, it has mountains, valleys, deserts, and you can't talk about California without talking about it's gold coast. The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean in the world, how many other states can say they have the privilege to be neighbors with it? (shush Oregon and Washington while we are on it that goes to you too Canada) When you drive up or down California, you get to see how diverse it really is; though you see the same smile on everyone's face regardless where they live.If you think the whole "people in California smile too much" cliche is wrong think again, we smile because we know how fortunate we are to live in such beautiful state.Talking about it's beauty, it upsets me when I open my local news page to find out what we are doing to the wonderful heart that is California.

Just a few days ago, a story broke that an oil pipe burst near Santa Barbra causing thousands of gallons of oil to spill onto the majestic waters belonging to that beloved Pacific Ocean. Now, did we not learn from the two major spills in both Alaska and in Louisiana? We have this wonderful piece of land that gives us so much and asks for so little but to be respected and admired. Shame on those companies that don't respect this, shame on the fact that we have other sources of alternative fuels that can limit the damage we have already caused to other places in the world and their own beating hearts. California is home to the Sequoias, it's been a dream of mine to go and visit them but with these so called "accidents" occurring who to say there might not be an accident with these trees? Eighty percent of the world's rain forests have been already destroyed, how many more hearts do we have to stop in order for us to understand that we are not only killing a heart but destroying many more within ourselves?

I love my city and state, it has so much to offer that even if I were to see the entirety of the world and space I will always come back to this little corner of the world. To love something is to respect and protect it, a small task that I think we can all manage, don't you agree?

Comments

  1. Hear Hear! Home is important and should always be protected. What counts as home though. I myself have a much stronger affinity for where I lived as a teen than where I was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you were born in a JUNGLE ...*cough cough* TARZAN.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts