Downfall

 Downfall.

 I took the common road, I played by the rules; only bend them once or twice - but hey you made a good girl flip. But what does one have to do or say for the heavens to be appeased, flog oneself raw? Sacrifice dignity? Be remorseful? I still don't have the answers, just a permanent residence in the dark valley where my neighbors are my constant failures and horrible choices. Every bad decision I have ever made, the music here is the tormented cries I have let myself have over the years. I still don't know when this downfall will end. I have risen, fallen more times that I have lost count. I am in this valley alone, occasional streams lights come in, mocking me. I dream of possibilities that never come, I am scarred, wounded, and losing the motivation to claw myself out of this valley. I will die in vain, and still, I won't know my own name. 


Comments

Popular Posts