Radio Silence
Radio Silence.
To the few who actually read any of these posting, my apologies for not posting of this forum in so long. I by no means consider myself an outstanding writer; in fact many of my teachers always comment on how my grammar could use a bit of polishing. To which I must agree as I sometimes find my own writing completely rubbish and obsolete; having said this, I created this forum to contain the ramblings and discuss the subjects which otherwise go by this jumble of a mess I call my mind. Now to that explanation; it's simple I don't consider myself a writer but there is a sort of artistic/creative notion that comes with each of these posting. I've had a few ideas and subjects that I wanted to discuss and often found myself typing out and reading but finding myself dissatisfied with the end result. Hence why I've gone rather silent, I can assure you this old mind of mine never goes silent nor stops with it's constant ramblings. With an explanation out of the way, perhaps you will allow me to discuss a few of the troubling things that have been on my mind.
I won't waste my time nor space on this forum by stating the obvious discontent that has shrouded most of the country regarding the political situation we are currently living in. It's not secret that I have always had this sort of love for anything historical or political. In fact, I came to want to devote myself studying said subjects. I believe they are as fascinating topics just like the study of a living organism. To dissect and interpret a law or government, to apply it to different environments, countries, people; it's all so fascinating to me. Lately, like many of you I've been sitting back watching our so called lawmakers go about trying to make some sort of mark in this farce of an administration. I understand that when a new leader comes into the forefront they want to come out in a position of strength. After all, coming from a nation who prides itself in being this innovation and seems to always have the answers; coming from a vulnerable place does no one any good. Controversy seems to be the reoccurring theme in today's news, the more shocking the better. The more unsettling, the more it creates a splash, the more the people repel and protest the better. Whatever happened to hankering for the days in which a nation and the so called leaders came together not because they wanted to out do someone, but rather outdo themselves in providing the best for the people, the lawmakers, and that little thing called our nation.
We live in a time where we like to believe that being patriotic is becoming a trend, that blocking out and keeping our so call country pure from any infiltration will limit the harm that we so called have had. Like previously stated, this great nation to which I was luck enough to be born in; likes to think we invented modern peace. that we have come to serve our people. To meet their every need and provide them with every sort of tool they need, when in reality we are merely lying to ourselves. We are children compared to other civilization who have been established far from our own. Let's not forget that our country was build like many on the blood, sweat, and tears of the people who were already here. The manpower that was stolen from their motherland and batter off like some sort of currency; we have made progress there is no denying that; but we must always remember that this is OUR nation not just solely an individual.
We are all humans, there is no denying that; from the bible to the science book. All evidence points to the same red, beating heart we all have, the skeleton that holds the flesh, the brain that we all have to make choices. No matter the background, the color of skin, the sexual orientation, belief system. We are all HUMAN, we all make mistakes, we all feel, We all have an opinion and vision as to what is best for us and the people we love, instead of going at each other like savages we need to come together. I know for some people this is a revolting idea, either because they think they have some sort of superior mindset or because they think the notion of being the same and ordinary is too much too bear. To those individuals I say, at the end of the day the clock of our life will end; at the end of the day we will all perish, we will all be placed in some sort of rest state. You can resist all you want in your lifetime, just remember by the time death comes. It will treat you the same like every other person it has collected in it's time, you will get no special treatment and you will be surrounded by those of a different background.
Stop with the hatred, the violence, the need to out do one another. Stop with trying to be right, stop with the mudslinging, stop it all. It's not that hard to forgive, it's hard to keep going with a vile agenda. To try to be the best than it is to try and do the best for someone else. If you want to make a name for yourself, be the person who said enough..no more. The person who forgives and help, the person who creates the change with the tiniest of kindness and remorse.You don't need to be admire and hailed as a great hero, you need to be able to live with person you will have to continue to look in the mirror for the rest of your life.
I broke my radio silence, if I'm heard or not it was good to speak and not remain silent anymore.
Comments
Post a Comment