Strange Times.

Strange Times.

It's come to the time where I honestly had to post something  on this blog of mine. The more I try to make some sort of abstract or ramble of a thought into a blog post, the more I struggled, It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's just I have to much to say and to be honest it's nothing like my usual postings. Lately, like many other's my eyes have come across to the latest news; whether it be for the 2016 Campaigns, The 100 days of war in my neighborhood, or just the plain evil that has been brewing all over the world. It's maddening, it's ultimately hideous the things we are living. People keep saying that times have change but sadly they haven't. 

Racism, sexism,.. I'm all for them "isms" but these two I do not and will not condone. I just don't understand how someone can be full of hatred towards people. I've stated before that if you were stripped away the person's exterior, material possessions, status and all that makes that person an individual what you would have is a skeleton just like the rest of us. Why is it that people who are supposedly trying to run to become one of  the leaders of the free world, persisted in categorizing an entire group of people into some sort of bag guys. Might I remind you, we all have good and bad parts within ourselves; it's the parts we act upon that define us. Not where wee came from, not how we look like, what we believe, like, or dislike, No one is superior or inferior to anyone, we all have our strengths and weakness. Bottom line we are all human, and because we are human we know better. The mere fact that we know the concept of right and wrong is what separates us from the animals, yet lately I'm starting to question our division to the animal kingdom.

Now another issue that has been eating away at me, is the media and our contributions to flaring a story. I understand we are all on edge nowadays, lately it seems no one can speak freely  due to their fear of being called a racist, a sexist, or some other vile label. This might contradict what I just previously stated, but honestly if someone tells you " you punch like a girl" are we really going to antagonize that person for a mere saying. Yes, this might sound offensive but have you seen some of the latest UFC women fighters, they  punch like girls and from what I can see that isn't something to take likely. There is a spanish saying that goes something like this, "del árbol caído todos hacen leña" which translates to " from the fallen tree everyone makes firewood," meaning everyone kicks you when your down. Which so happens to be the case nowadays when a new story breaks into the eleven o clock news.

What I'm trying to get across is, the world is already in a frenzy; do we honestly have to cause more chaos. Speak up when something is wrong, but don't call someone out for saying something you assume is wrong. Like I said, we know what is right and wrong that is what makes the human race amazing, but it's also our achilles 's heel.

Comments

Popular Posts